What information do you collect?
We, Above Board (Solent) Limited, collect information from you when you register on thesup.company, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter or fill out a form. When ordering or registering on our site, you may be asked to enter:-
- Phone Number
- Email Address
Which we may collect, store and use. You can, however, visit our site anonymously and view its contents.
What do you use my information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience - your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve our website - we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve our customer service - your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To process transactions – while we use a third party provider like Paypal to ensure you are protected, we do collect your invoice and delivery address to ensure we can send you a copy of the invoice and your order. Whether public or private, at no time will this information be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails - the email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates about your order, in addition to receiving occasional news, updates, related product or service information, etc from Above Board (Solent) Limited. If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Do you collect and hold my financial details?
No. For all payment transactions, we use third-party services to ensure you are protected. Because we accept Paypal via our website we never hold your financial details. If you don’t have a Paypal account you can get one here – www.paypal.com If you purchase from us at a show or exhibition we will handle your card transaction also via a third party device which means we do not hold any of your card information.
How do you protect my information?
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- All payments take place in the third parties providers ie: Paypal’s secure environment once you have logged in.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of unencrypted (or inadequately encrypted) data over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping your password, you use for accessing our website, confidential; we will never ask you for your password (except when using it to log in to our website).
Do you disclose any information to outside parties?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may update this policy occasionally, which we will publish on our website.
- You should check the policy from time to time, to learn about any updates and ensure you are happy with them.
- We may notify you of changes to this policy by email at our discretion.
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity
- requests can take up to 28 days to process
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
- You can request the deletion and/or processing of your personal data
- You can request that your data can be delivered to themselves or a 3rd part
- You may object to profiling or automated decision making that could impact you
You are legally entitled to request details of the personal information which we hold about you, under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- This website is owned and operated by Above Board Ltd. The SUP Company is a trading name of Above Board, Ltd.
- Above Board, Ltd is registered in the United Kingdom at Woodmill Outdoor Centre, Woodmill Lane, Southampton, SO18 2JR
- You can contact us by writing to or visiting us in store at the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to email@example.com